Grab a copy by simply reblogging this post! Lol. Chos lang! :D
Since I got all my books for free, I am going to give short reviews of the books I have. I believe that these books are essential for us to pass our subjects and most importantly the Medtech board.
1. Clinical Chemistry by Michael Bishop 7/e (Php 898.00) - A MUST BUY book. You will use it in CC1, CC2, and CC3. Everything you need to learn in CC is in Bishop. It has very good discussions especially in Endocrinology. It thoroughly discusses everything - Blood Chem, Enzymology, Endocrinology. It also discusses the diseases associated with it. I have the 6th ed, the one with red cover. One thing - the paper is not of top quality.
Medyo pangit, maitim, madilim. Hahaha
2. Henry’s (Php 4,295.00) - IDEAL TO HAVE. I guess Henry’s will be very useful during the review for the Medtech board. I got my Henry’s when I was a 2nd year BSMT. I tried reading it but I couldn’t understand a thing. Lol. When I took up 3rd year subjects and read other references, I then tried reading Henry’s, that was the time I started appreciating Henry’s. If I were you, try knowing the basics first - like reading Bishop first before reading Henry’s. Henry’s covers all MT subjects - CC, Hema, ISBB, AUB, MICROBIO (Bacte, Para, Myco Viro), HISTOPATH, etc. More on lab perspective. Has nice and colorful pictures. :) Back part has very helpful summary of reference ranges.
3. IMMUNOLOGY by Turgeon (Php 745.00) - very superficial discussions. I don’t like it much, I am a bit confused with the arrangement of discussions. I should’ve chosen Stevens. But I will try to read it, I think it has interesting discussions on diseases.
4. DIAGNOSTIC MICROBIO by BAILEY & SCOTT (Php 1,298.00) - Great book! Although I haven’t thoroughly read it yet (I just had a sneak peek, I didn’t have it yet, I’ll have it soon yey!)— but I think it is a very helpful reference book in Microbio especially in Bacte. The approach of the discussions are easy to understand and interesting to read.
5. Markell and Voge’s MEDICAL PARASITOLOGY (Php 598.00) - Everything you need to know in Para is in here. It thoroughly discusses the parasites’ life cycles and the epidemiology of the diseases caused by the parasites. It has helpful diagrams on the life cycles of parasites. A table of summary is provided at the end of every chapter which I think is very helpful when reviewing.
6. BURTON’S MICROBIOLOGY (Php 598.00) - helpful for high school students. Hehe. Very brief and superficial discussions. Although it covers Bacte, Para, Myco and Viro, it doesn’t dig deeper to the topics. The discussions are very basic. Not very much of need. I prefer Bailey and Scott’s Microbio.
I will try to post reviews on other books - Harmening, AUB, etc. I will, next time. I hope other MTs will give some time to add more to what I have said. I couldn’t read those books from cover to cover so dagdagan nyo naman please? :)
*PS: All books are exclusively published and/or distributed by C&E Publishing Inc. :D